The Bond Cleaning Brisbane Guide
The article will help you learn about the importance of bond cleaning to get your bond back. We will also cover the costs and requirements by your landlord or real estate agent.
This cleaning guide will help you learn about the cleaning process, prices and how to take advantage of the bond back guarantee.
Moving house can be stressful to say the least. Not only do you want to ensure that you get all your furniture packed up safely and delivered to your new premises, you also need to ascertain that the house you are vacating has been left in pristine condition so you can get your rental bond back.
The Residential Tenancies Authority which outlines the rules for collection, management and refund of rental bonds in Queensland defines a rental bond as any money paid by the renter of a property at the start of a tenancy agreement. The purpose of a bond is to protect the property owner or lessor in the event that the tenant breaches the terms of the tenancy agreement. To ensure you get it back fast, the cleaning needs to be spotless.
A bond is also referred to as a security deposit, key deposit. A rental bond is paid in addition to any rent amount agreed upon between the lessor and renter. Queensland law stipulates that bonds may or may not be taken by the person leasing or renting the property. However, most property agents or owners choose to take a rental bond to safeguard their interests should a tenant violate the terms of the tenancy agreement, leave the premises in damaged condition or have monies owing at the time of vacating a home or office.
The refund of a bond is contingent on the tenant adhering to the terms of the rental agreement, among the most important of which is leaving a premises in pristine condition upon vacating. To get their deposit back, many tenants will therefore enlist the help of a reputable and professional end of lease cleaning company. If you are thinking of vacating or your lease has expired you will need to ensure the property has been thoroughly cleaned prior to leaving. The following bond cleaning Brisbane guide will help you understand exactly what is involved and help you choose the right end of lease cleaning service for your particular needs:
What is Bond Cleaning?
Real estate agents and property owners will normally require that you leave the premises you have completed a thorough level of cleanliness before they can refund your bond. Bond cleaning is simply the type of cleaning that ensures that the house, office or other premises you are vacating is cleaned to the lessor or property agent’s standards and specifications. Once an inspection is performed you will be able to get your deposit back. You should always ensure you enlist the help of bond cleaning professionals who understand the requirements of property owners and managers and ensure your house is cleaned well when they come around to do the move out inspection.
What is End Of Lease Cleaning?
End of lease cleaning is similar to bond cleaning and is often used synonymously with the other term. However, the minor difference comes in because end of lease cleaning is done when your lease is up and the terms of your lease stipulate that you must leave the premises in a certain level of cleanliness. Bond cleaning requires that you do this so that you can get your bond or deposit back.
Why You Should Hire Professional Bond Cleaners
The main reason that many people choose to hire a professional bond cleaners is so that they can ensure that their property is in the same condition it was in when they moved in. This means that the house will be in an acceptable condition prior to inspection and you can get your bond or deposit refunded as quickly as possible. In addition to ensuring the return of your deposit, bond cleaning by an experienced and qualified team as opposed to DIY bond cleaning has the following advantages:
- Saves time: When you are moving, your time is valuable. The last thing you want to worry about is spending a day or two cleaning every square inch of your home. The carpets need cleaning, walls scrubbed and often a pest control treatment will also be required. Not to mention the costs of cleaning equipment and chemicals. Professional cleaners take this burden away and handle everything for you. Delegating the task of cleaning frees up your time to get settled into the new premises and get back into your normal routine as soon as possible.
- Thorough cleaning: A professional bond cleaning service know exactly the standard and level of cleaning agents and property owners require. As a result, you can expect a more thorough clean which will allow you to get your bond back faster. Remember many landlords are strict with their requirements. Your goal should be to have the property as clean as it was the day you moved in. In other words the entire home needs to be spotless.
- Peace of mind: Vacating your previous home can be stressful. There are allot of things need be organised. From packing and booking removalists to setting up mail redirection and organising new utility connections. By handing the task of cleaning over to a professional service, you can rest assured that the property will be cleaned to impeccable standards and that you will receive your bond back in the shortest time possible.
What Do Real Estate Agents expect?
The short answer is “cleaner than when you moved in”. Many agents are sticklers for perfection. Real estate agents or property managers will often require that you leave the premises in immaculate condition before they agree to refund your deposit. They will not be prepared to pay for repairs, damage or additional cleaning before the next tenant moves in. As a rule, they will therefore hold on to your bond until you cleaned to their satisfaction. Property owners and estate agents will have their own end of lease cleaning checklists running into multiple pages which must be checked off before you can have your deposit refunded. The following items will appear on most checklists and are the activities you can expect to have done by your professional bond cleaning service.
- Cleaning of walls scrubbed free of grease and other splutter stains.
- Appliances, sinks, countertops and cabinets cleaned thoroughly.
- Cleaning & dusting to ensure cobwebs removed.
- Stoves, ovens and other cooking appliances degreased thoroughly.
- Floors must be cleaned and scrubbed then wiped with disinfecting solutions.
- Bathtubs, shower stalls and toilet bowls scrubbed, cleaned and disinfected thoroughly. This includes all taps, shower heads, knobs and handles.
- Cobwebs and dust removed.
- Mirrors wiped and polished.
- Floors hand washed and wiped down with disinfectant.
- Cabinets and other storage facilities emptied and cleaned.
Bedrooms and living areas
- Floors and carpets vacuumed thoroughly and carpets treated for stains.
- Cupboards and cabinets emptied and their doors, handles and insides cleaned thoroughly.
- Walls wiped down, cobwebs removed and dusted cleaned off.
- Cleaning of iir conditioning vents.
- Furniture wiped.
- Handles and knobs cleaned and disinfected.
- Floors hand washed and wiped with disinfecting solution.
- Light switches, bulbs, door handles, knobs and other fixtures not in good working condition repaired or replaced
- Windows cleaning and polished to a high shine.
- Gutter cleaning. * This can be an additional cost.
- Garbage taken out and disposed of.
Bond Back Guarantee
The majority of reputable cleaning companies will often offer a 100% bond back guarantee. By definition this means that after they have finished cleaning, if you still do not get your bond refunded, they will return to the property and clean it to the agent’s satisfaction. In addition, bond cleaners will provide you with a tax receipt to show the estate agent so that you can prove that you actually had the cleaning done. The advantage of a bond back guarantee is that you are assured that you will get your bond refund regardless of how long it takes. Although most agents will handle this for you, the Residential Tenancies Authority provides an online form which can be completed once the cleaning and property inspection has been approved.
Bond Cleaning Costs
Bond cleaning costs will vary with the size of the property. Costs are also dependent on the level of cleaning required. If you choose to do some of the cleaning yourself to minimise costs then you can save yourself some cash. Just ask your local cleaner about how to save time and money before booking your job.
The prices below cover a thorough cleaning of your house. Including appliances and sensitive items like toilets and bathrooms as well as kitchen items like cookers and ovens. Additional services like carpet cleaning and pest control may incur additional charges.
- 1 Bedroom Home / Apartment (1 Bathroom) – Cost $200 – $350
- 2 Bedroom Home / Apartment (1 Bathroom) – Cost $350 – $450
- 3 Bedroom Home (2 Bathroom) – Cost $450 – $550
- 4 Bedroom Home (2 Bathroom) – Cost $550 – $750
- 5 Bedroom Home (2 Bathroom) – Cost $750 – $1000+
Average price range: From $350 – $650.
*Some contractors will offer a flat hourly rate per cleaner. These prices can start from as low as $25 per hour.
How Long Does It Take To Clean My House?
With regard to time frames, bond cleaning will take 2-10 hours depending on the size and condition of the property as well as the cleaning tasks required by the client. As a guide:
- A 1 bedroom with 1 bathroom property requiring basic cleaning i.e. indoor surfaces wiped kitchen and bathroom cleaned, floors and walls dusted and wiped etc will take 2 – 3 hours.
- A 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom property requiring basic cleaning will take 3 – 4 hours.
- A 3 bedroom property with 2 bathroom will take 5 – 7 hours
- A 4 bedroom property with 2 bathrooms will take 6 – 10 hours.
How To Find a Reputable Bond Cleaner
Getting your house cleaned properly and on time is essential to having your bond refunded. You do not want to hire an unprofessional service that does a shoddy job as this will cost you both time and money. Especially if you have to have the cleaning repeated by another company. To avoid eventualities like these, take time to shop around for the cleaning service providers.
To find the best cleaners for your particular needs, use the following tips:
- Only pick companies that have the proper licenses and accreditation in place. Bond cleaning companies that have taken the trouble to get the necessary documentation show they mean business and are more likely to provide you with the level of service you require. In addition, it is unlikely that they will try to short-change you as they have a reputation to uphold and would not like to find themselves stripped of necessary licenses for defrauding or mistreating their customers.
- Look at their experience and qualifications: Ensure that the company can prove their experience as well as qualifications in the field by reading customer testimonials on their websites, confirming their expertise with other people who have used their services, as well as finding out if they offer bond back services.
- Know what to expect: In the age of the internet, no one need make mistakes regarding selecting a service provider for their various needs. If you are thinking of hiring a bond cleaning service in Brisbane, go online to discover what you can realistically expect when you get bond cleaning done, find out the tasks and activities involved, compare prices between providers and look at their overall industry rating as well as what customers have to say about them. That way you will be able to make an informed decision when the crucial day arrives. In addition to using the internet, you can also as your friends and other people in your network such as real estate agents and other people in the sector to recommend service providers that they know do a good job.
Bond Cleaning Regulations in Queensland
To get your bond back, you must apply to the Residential Tenancies Authority which will refund your deposit if you have met the following conditions:
- You have left the property in the condition in which you found it apart from fair wear and tear.
- Have filled an exit condition report to this effect
- Have provided the lessor with sufficient notice of your intention to vacate the premises and have duly done so on the specified dates.
Brisbane Bond Cleaning Areas
Popular locations and suburbs in South East Queensland include the following. The locations are Brisbane City CBD, Brisbane Northside, Brisbane Southside, Brisbane Western Suburbs and Brisbane Eastern Suburbs. Contact your local cleaning company in these areas and request a free quote or discuss any questions you may have.
Finding the right bond cleaning contractor is crucial to ensuring that not only do you get the your bond back in time, but that you are able to experience a seamless and stress free move, as well as retaining good will with your former landlord or agent.