How Much Does Bond Cleaning Cost?
Learn About Costs and Advice For End Of Lease Cleaning
Most landlords and property managers require that tenants leave the property in the same crisp condition they found it in. As a tenant, you will need to go beyond the usual cleaning process and carry out a more intensive and thorough scrubbing of the entire house or apartment. Such level of cleaning can be more than a little bit challenging especially if you are also in the process of moving and settling in a new place. There are many cleaners like Pro Bond Cleaning Brisbane, who guarantee your bond back. This saves you time and money and relieves some of the added stress of moving out.
Why hire a bond cleaner?
- A good bond cleaner will be thorough, ensuring that the cleaning is up to standard. This ensures that there is no risk that you will not get your bond back.
- Faster and more efficient. Work that would take you days or weeks will only take a few hours. In addition, they have all the right tools and supplies that you lack.
- Most bond cleaning companies offer a bond back guarantee. If the agent is dissatisfied, they will come back and fix it. This ensures your bond is refunded.
- Peace of mind. You can focus on completing your move instead of preoccupying yourself with cleaning.
Average bond cleaning prices
The cost depends on the size of the property. A one bedroom apartment will cost less than a three bedroom one. To help in budgeting, always request for a quote before hiring a company.
Ensure there are no hidden costs. Be especially careful about cancellation fees which some companies charge if you cancel too close to the agreed upon day for cleaning.
Below are the prices for full bond cleaning. Costs are based on industry averages.
- Single room – $85.
- Studio/1 bedroom, 1 bath – between $120 and $200.
- 2 bedroom, 1 or 2 bath – between $200 and $350.
- 3 bedroom, 1 or 2 bath – between $300 and $450.
- 4 bedroom, 1, 2 or 3 bath – between $400 and $550.
- 5 plus bedroom apartment/house – a minimum of $450.
Please note that this is a general price list. Different companies will have slightly varying prices based on their individual policies. Visit individual company websites to view full pricelists or request for a quote.
You should also note that most bond cleaners certain services at an extra fee. If you look at their bond cleaning services, some do not include carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning and pest control. These services are provided at an extra cost. Either per item or per room.
If you live in a house, you may also opt to receive cleaning services for outdoor areas such as the driveway and paved pathways. This of course comes with an extra charge.
When you request for a quote, be sure to include all the areas you want cleaned. This will ensure that you get an accurate quote.
Tips to lower costs
If you are on a tight budget, these prices may seem a bit high especially if you live in a large house or apartment. There are a number of ways you can spend less on bond cleaning.
Here are a few helpful tips.
- Instead of hiring bond cleaners, consider hiring one or two helpers to work alongside you. Most companies will charge you a per hour rate for each cleaner.
- Another option is to do the cleaning yourself. Note that the work will be taxing and time consuming. You might have to spend several days cleaning out all the areas including the carpets, cupboards, sinks, windows, doors, walls, laundry, toilet and skirting boards.
While lower or no costs are good, you must be careful not to compromise the cleaning standard. If you want a bond back guarantee, the best way to go is hiring a bond cleaning company.
Remember that they have the skills, experience and tools that go beyond anything you might have. They know well the standards needed by agents and property owners for end of lease cleaning.
Below are some excellent tips on how to find a good bond cleaning company.
How to choose a good bond cleaner?
The moving process is stressful enough; you do not want to add to this stress by landing on a bad bond cleaner. Here are some important tips for you to remember.
- The first step is to check around with friends and on the internet. Write down a few recommendations and then research them more thoroughly. Check for things like reputation, customer service track record and customer sentiments. These can help you narrow down your field.
- Next look for those that have good credentials. One thing you might want to look for is certification from institute of inspection cleaning and restoration.
- Finally, focus on prices. The best way to do this is request for quotes from three or four companies and then compare them.
Houses can accumulate dust in places you wouldn’t normally look. Cleaning these out by yourself as you end your lease is a huge task that is also very time consuming. A bond cleaner can help you with all these and ease your worries.
We hope this articles comes in handy. Remember to follow the tips and enjoy your move!
Once your clean is finished you can learn more about getting your bond back from the RTA website.
Written and Published by Pro Bond Cleaning Brisbane.