Guide to Forms For Residential Tenancies

Guide to Forms For Residential Tenancies

This article is give tenants a brief summary into required forms for tenancies.

For a full list of these forms please visit The RTA Forms for general tenancies.

Entry Condition Report (General Tenancies)

This form is completed and signed by both the property owner or manager and the tenant. It details the condition of the property at the beginning of the tenancy.

The document will be used upon the end of the tenancy to evaluate whether any damage was done to the property throughout the renting period.

This protects both the property manager and tenant from unsubstantiated claims of property damage in the bond refund process.

Entry Condition Report (Movable Dwelling/ Site)

Similar to the entry condition report for general tenancies, this is an entry condition report for mobile dwellings. Both the property owner or manager will complete and sign this document.

It details damage to the site upon the beginning of the tenancy and is used to evaluate any damage done to the property during the bond refund process at the end of the tenancy.

Bond Lodgement

This form is used by tenants who pay bond and the property owner. This form is submitted to the Residential Tenancies Authority every time a tenant pays bond or the property manager increases bond. When possible, the tenant and the property owner should use the RTA’s online web service to lodge the bond.

Change of Rental Property

This form is used when a tenant moves from one property to another that is owned by the same person or company. All tenants and the property owner must sign this form.

Refund of Rental Bond

This form is completed at the end of the tenancy and precedes the refund of your bond. If there is an agreement in place about how the bond should be paid, the bond will be paid in 2 to 3 business days to the signatories of the form.

Without an agreement, the RTA releases undisputed amounts but holds the disputed amounts. The RTA then send a notice to those who have not signed the form, with 14 days for them to dispute the bond claim.

Change of Property Manager/ Owner

This form should be signed by the previous property owner or manager as well as the new property owner or manager.

It alerts the RTA of changes to property management or ownership during an ongoing tenancy. After this form is submitted, the tenant will begin to pay rent to the new property manager.

Change of Bond Contributors

This form ensures that the bond is paid to the correct parties when a tenant comes or goes during an ongoing tenancy.

It should be signed by the property manager and all tenants, including those leaving and any new tenants. The leaving tenant should collect their share of the bond from the new tenant. If one of the required signatories cannot be contacted to sign this form, you must contact the RTA.

Signature Record

This form is simply a record of the names and signatures of all people who sign the RTA forms that tenants and property managers have to sign throughout a tenancy.

The RTA recommends updating this form every 3 months, but it must be updated every time there is a change in authorised signatories.

This includes the property owner or manager and all tenants. If this form is not submitted with the RTA, it can result in delays in the bond refund process.

Entry Notice

This form is completed by the property manager when he or she intends to enter the property. It is presented to the tenant with details about the time and date the manager intends to enter the property.

The property manager must have a valid reason to enter the property and give the tenant appropriate notice. Real estate agents also use this form if they are selling the property in question.

Notice of Lessor’s Intention to Sell Premises

Tenants must receive this form at the same time or before they are given an entry notice for prospective buyers to see the property. Before the prospective buyers can enter the property, the selling agent must also present this form to the property manager or owner.

Notice to Leave

The property manager must present this form to the tenant in the case that they would like the tenants to move out.

If this is not done at the end of a periodic or fixed-term agreement, the property manager must either come to an agreement with the tenant or have ground to make them leave.

Notice of Intention to Leave

The tenant must present the property manager with this form if they intend to move out. Similar to a notice to leave, this form is usually used at the end of a periodic or fixed-term agreement.

Otherwise, this document must be presented to the property manager within a specific time period dependant on the situation.

Exit Condition Report (General Tenancies)

This form is essential for the bond repayment process. The tenant should fill out this form and document their claims using pictures or videos.

The completed form is submitted to the property manager who will make comments if they disagree. The property manager will give a copy of the form with comments back to the tenant and keep a copy for their records.

Exit Condition Report (Moveable Tenancies)

This purpose of this form is the same as the exit condition report for general tenancies, but it should be used for moveable residences.

Abandonment Termination Notice

If the property manager has reason to believe that the property has been abandoned, they can submit this form to the RTA to end the tenancy agreement. If the property has not been abandoned the tenant has 7 days to dispute this.

Dispute Resolution Request

If the property manager and tenant cannot come to an agreement, either party can submit this form to the RTA. Following the lodging of this form, a representative from the RTA’s free dispute resolution service will contact both parties to gather details.

Pocket Guide for Tenants – houses and units

This is a pamphlet written by the RTA detailing tenants’ rights and responsibilities. A new tenant must receive this document prior to renting.

Pocket Guide for Tenants – Caravan Parks

This details the rights and responsibilities of tenants renting mobile residences.

General Tenancy Agreement

Every rental unit must have a written agreement detailing the identity of the signatories, the amount of rent to be paid and the terms of the lease.

The property manager is responsible for organising the agreement and ensuring that the tenant has received a copy. Both parties must sign the agreement.

Movable Dwelling Tenancy Agreement

This is a tenancy agreement, similar to a general tenancy agreement, but for movable dwellings.

Dwelling Tenancy Agreement

Notice to Vacate from Mortagee to Tenants

If the property owner defaults on their mortgage, the lender may repossess the property. In this case, the lender must give the tenants 2-months notice, using this form, that the tenants must vacate the property.

Client Details Form

If the tenant or property owner had not provided their bank account details on the bond refund form, they should use this form to give those details to the RTA.

eServices Account Registration Form

To set up an eServices account with the RTA, the client should use this form. This account allows tenants and property owners to manage bond services online.

This article was written by Darren Batley from, to find out more please comment below or give us a call.